Unity Technical Lead (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Unity Technical Lead(f/m/d)
If you love making games and working in close collaboration with talented people in a cross-functional team, while facing all the technical challenges of scaling games to millions of players around the world, then we want to hear from you.· We are on a mission to reinvent idle. Our players love the mechanics and the games we made so far have reached more than 200 million players. We are looking for an experienced technical lead developer that is passionate about joining us in that mission to continuously iterate on game prototypes and deliver awesome games to millions of players around the world, which they will enjoy for many years. You will be the leading technical force in a small game team, driving the practices and development of the games. You will guide and support other developers, working together to ensure that we are ready to tackle all upcoming technical challenges. You will have a direct impact on how we build and grow the games, how we work together and what practices are used, keeping a close collaboration with the production team and other leads. You will also join the game development leadership group and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall game development community at Kolibri Games.
- Development of new gameplay components and implementation of new features
- Design and implementation of game architecture patterns
- Ensuring maintainability, scalability and world-class quality of the systems created in the game
- Coach and mentor other developers to help them grow in their careers
- Work closely with the product to identify technical improvements
- Collaborate often within a cross-functional team
- Support planning by estimating effort and breaking down complex features
- Strive for high code quality standards, like readable and scalable software
- Support the hiring process of new developers
- More than 3 years of experience in mobile game development
- Proven experience working in software development, with Unity and C#
- Broad knowledge of best practices in game development
- Broad knowledge of game architecture patterns
- An agile mindset, very familiar with agile game development practices
- Clear and precise communication skills in English
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Willing to constantly learn and grow further
- A passion for prototyping games
- Experience improving runtime performance and memory usage of mobile games is a plus
- Knowledge of dependency injection and reactive programming, in particular with the Zenject and UniRx libraries
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now