UI/UX Designer - New Games (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
UI/UX Designer - New Games (f/m/d)
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to work on our future New Games hits. You will be part of New Game Teams designing screens and flows, prototyping, and playtesting to create the best user experience possible for our future company hits. Research, identify, test, and implement features, flows, and visuals in the features and overall look and feel of the games in an agile and fast-paced environment by developing a deep comprehension of our player’s needs and motivations using data (qualitative and quantitative), information from the audience and player types, and your own F2P knowledge.
- Work closely as well as cross-functionally and cross-teams with the Product Lead and Game Design in the New Games teams to create the best user experience for the audience we want to delight
- Proactively do market research and suggest best-in-class UI/UX, considering the product and team impact of implementing these changes
- Create concepts, prototypes, user flows, and mockups for new features
- Validate your ideas quickly (wireframes, user flows, and prototypes as appropriate)
- Take responsibility for well-designed UI Assets, icons, etc
- Active contributor in shaping and improving the processes in the design team
- Prior experience in the gaming industry
- Experience in interface design confirmed by your portfolio
- Good understanding of design and perception principles
- Good graphic design skills granting you the ability to create low and high fidelity mockups
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Figma (or any similar tool)
- Can create wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes, conducting user tests, paper prototypes etc. to explain the vision and support a cross-functional team
- Great communication skills and prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Plays relevant mobile games on a regular basis and is up to date with current industry trends
- Player centric mindset
- Basic knowledge of game/human psychology, and game design
- Prior experience in organizing and carrying out usability tests
- Experience in the creation of UI assets
- Ability to implement UI assets and animations in Unity
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now