UI/UX Designer (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
UI/UX Designer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a (Senior) UI/UX Designer to work on our hit game ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’.
You will be part of the “IMT Team” designing screens and flows, prototyping, and playtest to improve the user centric experience for a game with over 220 million downloads. Identify future features for the game in an agile and fast-paced environment by developing a deep comprehension of our player’s needs and motivations using data, information from the players, and your own F2P knowledge.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with the product team and all the other teams to improve the user experience for our players
- Proactively suggest new improvements, considering the product and team impact of implementing these changes
- Create concepts, prototypes, user flows and mockups for existing and new features
- Validate your ideas quickly (wireframes, user flows and prototypes as appropriate)
- Take responsibility for well designed UI Assets, icons etc
- Active contributor in shaping and improving the processes in the design team
- Prior experience in the gaming industry
- Experience in interface design confirmed by your portfolio
- Good understanding of design and perception principles
- Good graphic design skills granting you the ability to create low and high fidelity mockups
- Excellent skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and Figma (or any similar tool)
- Can create wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes, conducting user tests, paper prototype etc. to explain the vision and support a cross-functional team
- Great communication skills and prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Plays relevant mobiles games on a regular basis and is up to date with current industry trends
- Player centric mindset
- Basic knowledge of game/human psychology, and game design
- Prior experience in organising and caring out usability tests
- Experience in the creation of UI assets
- Ability to implement UI assets and animations in Unity
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Modern Office Space
Our new, centrally located office in Berlin-Mitte has everything you need to excel. We also have plenty of opportunities for fun, with table tennis and kicker tables, meeting spaces, and a sleek modern design
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now