Lead Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Lead Data Engineer (f/m/d)
Our Lead Data Engineer will lead a small, highly motivated group and interact with multiple teams and key people across our company, such as VP of Marketing, Product Directors, Data Scientists and Games Analysts, etc. As a Lead Data Engineer, you’ll help to define which technologies we use and how we approach data engineering. We’re not a company that follows trends but defines our own. We want to set the new standard for how games companies use data and we’re looking for people to help us on that path.
- Grow and lead a team made of talented and enthusiastic Data Engineers and DataOps Engineers
- Provide mentorship and support career development
- Responsible for maintaining the data platform infrastructure and systems required for processing and integration of hundreds of millions of data points across dozens of different data sources, which support reporting, analysis, automation, and machine learning use cases
- Work closely with key company stakeholders and be responsible for the planning and outcome of projects
- Enable the games to grow in the future by creating the data platform vision for long-term success by focusing on maintainability, scalability, and quality within the code base of the project
- Experience in making key technical decisions within data engineering
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
- Software development experience in Python or Scala or other general-purpose programming languages
- Wide understanding of DataBricks, Spark or similar big-data technologies
- Experience with Looker or similar BI products
- Awareness of industry best practices and the ability to apply the right solution to any given problem;
- A team player who fits into the studio and team of motivated professionals
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized
- Agile project management skills
- Previous experience building and managing a team within data engineering
What We Offer
Food and Drinks
Fresh fruit to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert
Flexible Working Hours & Home Office
We have one team day a week at the office, the other 4 days you choose where you work from
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you
Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
Get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Parties and Team Events
Apart from our regular parties, BBQ's and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now