Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Kolibri Games is looking for an Accountant to join us in the Finance & Legal team.
We are offering the chance to see inside a rapidly growing games studio, that has increased to over 140 people in size, hit 100 million downloads.
As an Accountant, you will be responsible for the day to day company bookkeeping, monthly and yearly closings, as well as financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
This is a highly responsible role that will involve collation, input and management of the company expenses. You will liaise with multiple people and departments, working quickly and diligently and ensuring that our books are up to date and kept in impeccable order.
Your recruiting contact for this position is Alina Cuceu. If you are writing a cover letter, we recommend to address this to her!
- Monitor receipt of invoices, send reminders for outstanding amounts
- Handle accounting correspondence, archiving and payments
- Coordinate (Preparatory) bookkeeping in various accounting pre/main systems
- Communicate with tax advisor and payroll department
- Support the creation of annual financial statements and coordinate yearly statutory audits according to German GAAP (HGB)
- Supervision of own (partial) projects
- Spearhead further development of accounting processes
- Communicate with various stakeholders of our French parent company Ubisoft, e.g. in the preparation of monthly reports or in the coordination of the annual group audit
- Degree in business administration, finance and accounting, or relevant professional accounting experience
- Expert in Microsoft Office/ G suite, especially Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver under strict deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, in German (native or C2) as well as in English (C1/C2)
- Reliability and accountability, in day-to-day work and in handling confidential information
- Empathy and "hands-on" mentality
- Interest in video games
- Experience in the accounting department of an agile startup
- Knowledge of French
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Mental Health Days
Your wellbeing is important to us. That's why we offer three mental health days per year for when you feel you need a break. Additionally, we offer fully anonymous company-sponsored therapy sessions with Berlin's top mental health professionals
Modern Office Space
Our new, centrally located office in Berlin-Mitte has everything you need to excel. We also have plenty of opportunities for fun, with table tennis and kicker tables, meeting spaces, and a sleek modern design
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now