Localization Coordinator (f/m/d)
Full-Time | Berlin, Germany
We are Kolibri Games - mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating values, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
Localization Coordinator (f/m/d)
Do you have a kean eye for speling and grammer misstakes? Do you delight in pointing out the differences between their, they're and there? Do you love thinking about the contextual and narrative merits of using one fantastic adjective instead of one merely good one? Then this is the job for you!
We are looking for a language nerd with exceptional attention-to-detail, great English-language creativity, and solid project management capabilities. These skills will be merged into our Localization Coordinator position, where you will coordinate and contribute to our 25+ in-game languages, ensuring the success of our multiple globally-accessible titles.
The role is full-time (40 hours a week), on-site at our office in Berlin with opportunities to work from home.
- Proof-read English texts for new game features, game updates, and special events (to name but a few) and ensure they are presented in high quality American English
- Coordinate the localization of the English texts into all relevant game languages: Directly localize into your other native-level language(s), and work with our external partners for the rest; Evaluate the performance and quality of external partners
- Upload all localizations and quality-test key ones before they go live to our players
- Prioritize requests coming from multiple departments and projects, and meet their respective deadlines
- Perform continuous LQA on live game texts; updating all language errors and confusing messages
- Create and deliver high-level reports for stakeholders, e.g. financial reports, OKR and KPI check-ins
- Create and maintain internal documentation to reduce knowledge dependencies
- Report to the Head of Player Communications, and assist them with building, maintaining, and streamlining localization processes/workflows
- Exceptional written skills in (American) English (at least C1, but C2 level preferred)
- Excellent written/translation skills in minimum one other language (at least C1, but C2 level preferred)
- Consistent attention-to-detail and ability to think/read like a player
- Previous experience with project management in any field
- Previous experience, ideally in a professional capacity, with game localization
- Basic Excel skills (for maintaining loca string overview, tracking and optimizing costs, etc.)
- Understanding of UI/UX within mobile game localization
- Great communication skills and prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding self-organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects/deadlines at the same time
- Some passion for (our) games!
- Any further languages at ~B1 level or higher
- Experience using Figma, Illustrator, Jira, Gitlab/SourceTree, or Unity
What We Offer
We understand how important flexibility is. That's why we offer a hybrid work setup and flexible hours, allowing you to balance your time between the office and remote work
Mental Health Days
Your wellbeing is important to us. That's why we offer three mental health days per year for when you feel you need a break. Additionally, we offer fully anonymous company-sponsored therapy sessions with Berlin's top mental health professionals
Modern Office Space
Our new, centrally located office in Berlin-Mitte has everything you need to excel. We also have plenty of opportunities for fun, with table tennis and kicker tables, meeting spaces, and a sleek modern design
Health & Fitness Bonus
We provide a monthly fitness bonus. Enjoy your time outside the office by picking the activity that suits you, from Urban Sports Club, to covering your gym membership
We plan amazing company holidays to relax and bond as a team
We're serious about supporting your professional growth. You'll get a yearly learning budget to spend on any form of learning that will help you develop your skills and grow in your role
Moving to another country can be stressful. Our HR team will guide and support you, making sure that you (and your family) make your way to Berlin as smoothly as possible
30 Days Holiday
Our company implements a 30-day yearly holiday policy for all Kolibris. This means you have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work
Fun Social Events
From BBQ's and movie nights to team lunches and more. We also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun. On Fridays after work, there's dinner and drinks waiting for everyone at the office
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!Apply now